Temporomandibular Disorder (TMJ/TMD)
Jaw pain is one of the most common areas of pain in the body. Many people have heard of the TMJ (temporomandibular joint) and TMD (temporomandibular disorders), but most people do not know that physical therapy is one of the primary treatment options.
Common Symptoms of TMD
- Pain or tenderness of the jaw, mouth, ear, or temple region
- clicking, popping, or clunking of the TMJ
- Catching or locking when opening or closing the mouth
- Difficulty and/or pain with chewing or talking
- Headaches and neck pain
- swelling on the side of the face
- A sudden change in dental occlusion (the way the upper and lower teeth fit together)
Are you having any of these symptoms? Johnny Severson, one of our physical therapists at Select Therapy, has extensive training and experience in treating people with TMJ and TMD. Whether this is a new issue, or you have had jaw issues for 20+ years, we can help!
If you have any questions about TMJ or TMD please contact our office, 218-824-5027!