WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING
Work-related injuries can have drastic effects on business and industry.
Employers (lost time, production, and revenue)
Injured worker (injury, lost income, potential disability)
Cost to economy at large (billions of $/year)
The bottom line:
Both employees and employers need assistance to:
- Reduce the risk of work-related injuries
- Receive prompt and effective rehabilitation when injuries occur.
The good news:
Select Therapy’s full line of Industrial Medicine programs and services provides just that. These include:
- Functional Job Descriptions (FJD):
- Employees are observed onsite as they do their job.
- Measurements are taken of specific loads and positions required.
- Calculations of what needs to be pushed, pulled, carried, lifted, and climbed…etc. are all tabulated.
- A Functional Job Description is written with all totals of what is physically required in a day’s work.
- Pre-Work Screens (PWS):
- The Pre-Work Screen (PWS) is drawn from the Functional Job Description (FJD).
- A newly hired candidate for the job will complete the physical demands required of their job position.
- Results are provided to the employer
- The Pre-Work Screen serves to ensure a worker has the abilities to safely perform the physical demands of a specific job in order to protect both employee and employer from potential injury.
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE):
- Functional Capacity Evaluations are an assessment of a client’s abilities in a variety of movements and positions (hand coordination, forward bend in standing, weighted overhead reach, lifting, carrying, walking…etc.).
- The FCE is used to determine a client’s current functional level or their ability to return to work by testing them to their highest safe capacity.
- Work Conditioning:
- This is a goal-oriented treatment plan to prepare the individuals injured on the job for a successful return to the workplace.
- This rehabilitation process begins on the employee’s first day at Select Therapy.
Select Therapy strives to obtain a higher level of physical function than the employee had prior to their injury in order to return to work as soon as possible and prevent re-injury. Feel free to call our office for more information or so we may answer any questions specific to your needs. Industrial Medicine is offered at our Baxter Clinic.